Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 13 so much fun!

So today we went and painted the bathroom doors. We chose a bright green color. They look pretty. We had to let them dry and then tomorrow we will paint the word Banos on all of them. (I will make it pretty though...dont worry) After we painted the doors, we ran some errands then we started preparing for the BONFIRE we had tonight. It was so much fun. The older kids were supposed to come to Awanas today, but in lieu of Awanas we had a bonfire with them tonight. There were a little over 25 kids. When they got there at 5:30 Mark and John set up capture the flag for them. They had a great time playing that. We played on the soccer field. It is amazing how fast some of them are. After capture the flag, the kids came over and played some game in Spanish with Julio and Luci. It looked like lots of fun, but Im not really sure what was going on. After that game we sat around the bonfire and Julio spoke to them about the narrow and wide gate. Once he was finished speaking to them, we sang worship songs. It was nice. Dinner was after that, and then Mark, John, and I introduced them to SMORES! SOOO GOOD! We roasted them over the fire and everything. Mark at one point shared his testimony to them. It was all in all quite a nice night. I am so sorry to tell you that I have absolutely no pictures of it, and Im so mad at myself for that!! Tomorrow we will have been here for two weeks. I cant believe how quickly it has gone. I am looking forward to seeing family and friends when we get home, but I cannot imagine leaving these people. They are so precious. We have fallen in love with them. Each year when we have been here for a week, I cry like a baby when we say goodbye. I cannot even begin to imagine how much I will cry once we have been with them for a month. Thank you for sending us here. It has opened our eyes to so many things. We appreciate it more than you could know.

No comments:

Post a Comment