Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 19

Today was quite a slow day. Thursdays typically are slow. We sat around all afternoon and morning and read books. Julio and Luci had to do other things and we didnt want them to feel like they needed to take care of us, so we just kind of sat around. At about 4:30 we went to the camp and Mark and John cleaned out the new church building while I played with all the kids....I know I know, but I truly believe that its all about relationships:) The kids were practicing their dance and play that they are putting on for all of the Americans next Thursday. It was lots of fun. I learned a new game that I played with some of the girls. After all of the kids left, Luci, Julio, Carlos (11) John, Mark, and I played basketball for about 30 minutes and then came home. Tomorrow we are getting up uber early to go put sealant on all of the new church walls. Here are some pics from today. I love these kids!

This is what our morning looked likeThese are the screens that have been put on the food kitchen so that bugs cant get in. It looks like there are a few tiny holes, but those are just dark parts on the screen.
This is the new church building that Mark and John cleaned..there was poop on the floor and...
This...thats why I didnt go in.
Now just pics of us with the kids. This is when Julio was telling them about the permission slip that they had to get to go the waterpark on Saturday. SOO EXCITED ABOUT THAT




Me helping Darra with her English homework

No comments:

Post a Comment