Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 16

We went into Guatemala City today. The strike had not started yet so everything was fine. We went into the city to pick up 1,000 white water bottles for camp. (We will only be using 500 of them) The kids are going to decorate them during craft time. They go with one of our main Bible verses for camp about Jesus being the living water. I got pretty car sick on the way to get the water bottles and basically had my head out of the window in case I threw up, but it didnt happen. We pulled over to the side and got some sparkling soda water and Alkaseltzer (sp?) and my stomach chilled out a little bit. After we got the water bottles we went to a few stores to find some bug bombs for the new building we will be cleaning up, and we bought some other stuff for camp. We then went to TGI Fridays again and had some delicious food. Its funny. In the states, I would not even consider eating at TGI Fridays typically. I have never really been a fan, but these last two times, it has tasted amazing! I guess because it is American food. So after TGI Fridays, we went and bought some authentic coffee and came home. Julio drove like a mad man the entire way home and it was really quite funny because Mark, John, and I were all piled in a small area trying not to fall on top of each other as the car jerked back and fourth with the thousand water bottles crowding us. Thats all for today. I have pictures but John has not loaded them onto the comp yet, so I will post them tomorrow. Not sure what we are doing tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment